Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Adventure #28: Dance Festival

Ten months ago I posted an adventure blog about social dance lessons, and in particular, how difficult it  is for me to dance with a partner...formally. Well, despite my serious trepidation and my trust issues (thanks to a good friend for that astute observation), I have gotten much more serious about my new hobby in the past two months.

This holiday weekend was spent at a festival of sorts for salsa dance. Four continuous nights of nothing but the best latin dancing in the country and beyond, and I was amazed...literally. My true desire is not to become a competition-level dancer - been there, done that - but rather to simply enjoy the art of social dancing. And that has certainly come to fruition. I have even gotten to the point where I ask men to dance myself - not always, but certainly sometimes. And it's been supremely rewarding. The hours I spend dancing are filled with smiles, laughs, and new revelations about myself. Not to mention, I am meeting new and exciting people every time I dance!

And isn't that the purpose of this blog in the first place?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word of the Year: Perseverance

For 2024, I didn't create grandiose resolutions of losing weight, getting fit, or saving money. Instead, I chose a single word and built...