Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Adventure #53: Cruising

Cruising is not for me. My family and I recently headed out for a 7-day cruise aboard a 5,000-passenger megaship, and it was a one and done kind of adventure. 

Pros: 
No internet
Quantity of food

Cons:
Seasickness
Claustrophobia (entirely too many people, which results in having to take lots of stairs constantly)
No flexibility
Limited time in ports (only able to do one excursion and/or walk around tourist traps)
Insufficient on-board activities
No internet (yes, this one makes both lists)
Meh food quality
Expensive and a lot of hidden charges
Did I mention too many people?

So, yeah, the cons definitely outweigh the pros for me. I'll stick to making my own travel itineraries...for land adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word of the Year: Perseverance

For 2024, I didn't create grandiose resolutions of losing weight, getting fit, or saving money. Instead, I chose a single word and built...